Monday, September 5, 2011

Ember Monday

Yesterday was our first ever Family Worship Weekend at Ember Church. Our kids are very important to us...and we have a lot of them, so I was very interested to see how this would go. I can tell you, as both the pastor and a dad to three of those kids, I thought it was a smashing success!

We wanted to do some special things for the kids, to make them feel like a part of the service. The incomparable Charlie Vidourek led them in a rousing rendition of Father Abraham. It. Was. Awesome!


After Father Abraham I gave my first ever children's sermon. It was not quite as exciting as the song with hand motions, but we still had a lot of great interaction with the kids. They were super cute, and I was very impressed by how much they knew! It was so fantastic; I can't wait to do it again!


When I finished the sermon, we invited the band to come back up and sing Jesus Loves Me. Our hope was that that song would calm the kids down a bit...and it did! What a sweet time of all-family worship we had at Ember. This may not be something we do every week, but it will certainly be an integral part of our life as a church.

No comments: