Monday, November 9, 2009

P90X

About a month ago I got a bad report from the doctor: high cholesterol. I'm 6'2" and I weigh about 180 pounds. I never would have thought I'd have high cholesterol. But I do, and it's bad.

Like most people, I spend most of the day sitting at my desk working on my computer. (That is, after all, where real ministry is accomplished.) Walking up and down a single flight of stairs at work is the most exercise I do every day. And on top of my sedentary lifestyle, I don't eat many fruits and vegetables, and I drink a lot of pop.

When I got the report my whole life flashed before my eyes, and the very first thing I did was buy p90x. For those who don't know, p90x is an intense workout regimen that is known for getting incredible results in just 90 days. I first saw the infomercial 2 years ago and wanted to do it right away, but I never got around to buying the DVD set.

But now I'm motivated. I've been at the program for almost 4 weeks, and I'm already seeing clear results in energy and strength levels. The program is extreme, and very difficult (I've yet to finish the 90 minute session of yoga--I know, yoga), but it works if you stick with it. When I get through the 90 days I'll post pictures from days 1, 30, 60, and 90 so that you'll be able to see what sort of results I get. But the real result I'm looking for will come in about six months when I get my next cholesterol test. Here's hoping p90x works as well on the inside as it does on the outside.

No comments: