Monday, March 5, 2012

Ember Monday

Last night we rebooted our series on Mark (after a 1 week hiatus) with the story of the Rich Young Ruler. I preached a message that I had (mostly) written in seminary, which I titled Too Big for Heaven then, but changed to The Small to fit the titling convention of this series. I wrote that sermon probably six or seven years ago. A lot has changed since then, but I think it held up okay. My voice was giving out after a few days with the flu, so I definitely rushed it. (It was only 23 minutes, about 10 minutes shorter than normal.) My friend Evan got the main point and Instragrammed it.


We welcomed another new addition to the music team--Kristy Farren! She did a great job of leading several songs, and especially One Thing Remains, which is fast becoming an Ember favorite. I love watching Kelly & Garth bring new people in the musical fold, and I REALLY love watching all this talent pop up from all over the congregation!

God has us in a really interesting place right now. Sometimes I think this first year is a cocoon year, a year of active preparation and testing. I don't know what's going to happen on the other side of it, but I'm sure looking forward to it!

No comments: