Monday, August 29, 2011

Ember Monday

Our third service is in the books! It was a really sweet time of worship and communion. The band played one of my personal favorites: But For You Who Fear My Name by The Welcome Wagon. It's probably one of those songs that you have to get used to before it can become a worshipful encounter, but it's worth it! Garth was rocking it out on four different instruments: the banjo, acoustic guitar, piano, and pump organ! All at the same time! ...Okay, maybe not at the same time, but he's still awesome!

The sermon was on Jeremiah 3, and I broke it up into three parts. Each part went with one of three "Return" statements from the passage. We celebrated communion during the sermon, which was the first time we had done that as a church.

All in all it was another great time of worship. This coming weekend is our first Family Worship Weekend, where we have all the kids with us in the sanctuary for the service. I get to write my first ever children's sermon! I'm so excited...and I have no idea what I'm going to do for it!

God has been so good to us. We're praying for his continued faithfulness on this faith venture. If you want to hop on board with us, come out and worship with us this Sunday. God is on the move, and we're doing our best to keep up with him!

No comments: