Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today Is the Day


Today marks the end of a long journey, and the beginning of a new one that will, God willing, last for the rest of my life. Today is the first service of Ember Church, and I couldn't be more excited. I have absolutely no idea how it's going to go, what God is going to do, or who will even show up. Maybe all that mystery adds to the excitement.

I've been praying that God would move powerfully, not just tonight, but through our church whenever we gather together to worship Jesus. I believe that, of all the things we do on earth, worshipping Jesus as a community is the least normal, the least mundane, the least trivial. I believe when we gather to hear God's word and respond to him in worship we should expect great things from God. He wants to speak to us. He wants to meet us in our worship. He wants to show up powerfully. This is what I'm praying for today.

Free Dinner After the Service

No comments: